Discerning Choices for New Life: A Survey of Options
While we cannot completely fill the information gap, we can reasonably address some of the key questions. This study hopes to gather information and discover answers to the following questions and concerns:
- What is the context and what are the tipping points that bring communities to the crossroads of life and death choices?
- What are the reasons why communities make one choice over another (Refounding, Reconfiguring or Restructuring) in addressing their future needs?
- What is the nature and extent of various processes? What do communities go through in exploring, deciding upon, implementing and evaluating their options?
- How do communities attempt to address the inevitable resistance that accompanies radical change?
- What are the desired and feared outcomes of communities engaging such change efforts?
- How well do the anticipated outcomes match their actual experience and results of their efforts in terms of costs and benefits?
- What learnings can communities who have pursued Reconfiguring, Restructuring or Refounding offer to assist other communities now facing such choices?
- What suggestions and recommendations can they offer other communities based upon their cumulative experience and learnings?